Suggestions for a successful house concert…
1. A house concert focuses everyone’s attention on the show.
2. House concerts are great for people who love live music but don’t want to struggle with parking and/or deal with the bar scene.
3. The host selects an artist to perform in their home.
4. The host promotes the event to friends, co-workers and/or family.
5. On the day of the performance, the host prepares a room for the musicians to perform.
6. The host asks attendees to pay a suggested donation of at least $20 - $25 that goes directly to the artist. The host can also offer artists a guarantee ($500) and keep the profit.
7. The artist plays two 40 minute sets with a 25-minute break in between.
8. Artist sells merchandise during the break and after the show.
9. It is suggested that hosts start with duets then build to larger groups.
10. House concerts can offer musicians and listeners an alternative to gentrification.
House concerts generally attract about 30 to 40 people. Hosts can offer dinner or light snacks for guests…